Friday, May 28, 2021

Hooray For Slimline




Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 82nd month of de-stash and we are well into our 5th year of our challenges.  

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

I posted our May challenge--Make a slimline or mini slimline card.  It can be vertical or horizontal, but be sure to include a sentiment.

I decided to go with all die cuts on this card--so I am hoping my fellow CYS card makers consider the word Hooray as a sentiment!  I picked a fun die cut from Memory Box called Alessandria Tree Background and Outline for the main image.  The word, or sentiment,  is from Concord & 9th and is layered three times. I added some stitched hills from MFT-My Favorite Things. The cardstock used for all of the die cuts is from The Paper Cut-either copper or bronze.   For the background, I used a stencil from Picket Fresh called Slimline Radial.  I used Decofoil Metallic Gel-Champagne Mist for the texture.  It was applied to Soft Suede cardstock and I really like the look.     




If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAY.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For June, Raevon is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!

Image/Sentiment:  Memory Box Alessandria Tree Background and Outline; MFT Stitched Hills; Concord & 9th Hooray Dies

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Copper and Bronze Mirricard; Stampin' Up Soft Suede; Taylored Expressions Kraft Slimline Base

Ink:  
None

Accessories:  Therm-o-web Decofoil Metallic Gel-Champagne Mist; Picket Fence Slimline Radial Stencil



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This looks so dramatic and fabulous, Barb. Outstanding job!

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous. I love everything about it from the dies to the papers.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunner Barb - love the colours and all the textures you have incorporated into this fabulous card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jennifrann said...

Oh wow, that stenciled background is to die for! Fabulous slimline, Barb!

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. Love all the dies you used.