Saturday, May 22, 2021

Going to the Chapel



Today is not the 15th, but is a week later on the 22nd. We had a bit of a delay with some members getting their kits, so here we are.  Today is another posting day for our group, the Crafty Card Ladies!   The team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our May Challenge, Carol and Shelly are the hostesses. Shelly is a Pearl and Carol is a Diamond, just like me!  And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

The theme for May is Going to the Chapel. Carol sent everyone a kit with this sweet Colorado Craft Company image called Happy Forevering, from the Lovely Legs series.  She also include some coordinating sentiments and I used one on the outside as well as another on the inside of my card. Carol also included some sweet patterned and glittery paper, cut for a slim-line size card along with some fun ribbons and pretty embellishments. 

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. I also flagged one of the sentiments to use on the front of the card.  I picked the fun Bazzill black on black polka dot patterned paper for the base layer. I also used one of the glittery papers for another layer for some shimmer.  I added three rhinestones on the sentiments along with some of the black sheer ribbon.  This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, with another of the sentiments:




I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  See you next month in June, when we are not exactly what is happening but I am sure Kelly and Jeanette have a plan!

Image/Sentiment:  Colorado Craft Company Happy Forevering

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Taylored Expressions Oreo Slim-line Card Base; American Crafts Opulent Opal Glitter Paper; Bazzill Black Polka Dot

Ink:  Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Rhinestones; Black Sheer Ribbon; 




8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so classy looking! Love the elegant design!

Tracie said...

Beautiful card Barb. Makes a great wedding card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- I love this card- beautiful!!! Wonderful Wedding card!

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, what a great card. I love it both inside and out. Very classy and I love how you used the elements of the kit. Great job my friend. ♥

Darlene LeTavec said...

Oh Barb, how lovely! The use of the black ribbon and shimmery card stock really makes for a sophisticated look, and highlights the bride & groom so well. Beautiful card.

Suzy Sprague said...

Beautiful card, Barb. I like combined paper for the background.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Barb this really is classy - well done. Love the black on black with the contrast of the image and sentiment
Stay safe
Blessings
MAxine

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

I really love this barb! I love hour our layouts are similar but different. Carol gave us a lovely kit to work with this month!