Friday, May 7, 2021

The Best is Yet to Be!


This is my May Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme.  Sue is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture--Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. the Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Challenge--Make a card or project to show rejoicing in God. It could be your own praises for something that happened or didn't happen in your life.

I was not sure where the path was going to lead for this scripture.  I decided to go with a stamp of one of my favorite sayings--Grow Old Along With Me-The Best is Yet to Be! This is a very old wooden stamp and I have no idea where it came from.  There is no stamp company name on the side.  I rejoice God in allowing so many of my family and friends a great life and I know that there is many more blessings to come my way.  For instance, my brother is 18 years older than me and I am blessed to have him, along with his wife, in my life. I inked up the stamp with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black and then added Stampin' Up Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder to heat emboss.  I love the sparkle!  I also decided to do a mini-slim line card and used my Taylored Expressions Petite Scallop Mini-Slim Dies for the red and black layers.   I added some black glittery enamel dots on the card. I used Glossy Accents on the two flowers.    I really like the look of this card! 



Here is a close-up to show the sparkle and the Glossy Accents:



Here is the inside of my card:





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Unknown Stamp Company--listed on the side of the wooden stamp is Browning Wordsworth

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black; Taylored Expressions Mini-Slim Card base in red

Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Intense Black; Stampin' Up Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder

Accessories:  Glossy Accents; Black Glitter Enamel Dots; Taylored Expressions Petite Scallop Mini-Slim Dies




No comments: