Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Explore!


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 22 and we are coming to the end of year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness,  I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Pearls along with the Silver Mixative. I added some Rubbing Alcohol and Blending Solution along the way to move the ink around.  The cardstock I used with the inks is Black Glossy Mirricard from The Paper Cut. I die cut the inked panel from my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and backed it with a piece off purple Mirri-Sparkle.  I think the colors are a bit galaxy looking, so I used the die cut word Explore, from Tim Holtz Sizzix Shadow Script #3.  The word is cut three times from black glossy and the shadow is from the same purple Mirri-Sparkle.  The card base is Elegant Eggplant, with a layer of Black Glossy.  I added some Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishments and I love how it picks up the purple in the inks.  This card looks very dark in the picture, but does have a lot of sparkle in person!




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the colorful paper:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all continuing this year, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on June 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Tim Holtz Sizzix Shadow Script 3 Dies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Black Mirricard, Purple Mirri-Sparkle, Stampin' Up Elegant Eggplant

Ink: Tim Holtz Alcohol Pearls and Silver Mixative

Accessories:  Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishments



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your technique turned out STUNNINGly Beautiful! What a fun background for your lovely diecut! Your card is a true beauty!

Darlene LeTavec said...

:0 (Supposed to be me with my mouth open when I looked at your card!)
WOW. It is GORGEOUS!!! I agree completely, it is like the galaxy. Love the smooth shimmer and how it glistens. You paired it so well with the embellishments and choice of layering card stock. Jeanette is right, this is stunning!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Barb this card is out of this world amazing. I love how the background turned out. I'll have to try the Tim Holtz pearls. I LOVE THIS CARD. Great card Barb.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Barb - it looks amazing. Love how you have added the wee snippet of card under the bottom left of the inside :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jennifrann said...

I'd say your hot mess was a success, Barb. That background is gorgeous!