Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Have You Heard


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for April, our 49th month!  That means we are into year #5 for us--WOW!



I provided the challenge for us this month: I like to look to see what happens on the date we post.  On May 19th, in 1884, the Ringling Brothers Circus premiers.  So, your challenge for May is to make a card with an animal or two or more—circus animals are a plus, but any animal on your card will work.  The challenge is that the animal needs to move!  The thrill of the circus is seeing the dogs on the bikes, or the elephants stand on the platform or lions and tigers jumping through hoops.  So, visualize that circus tent and watch the animals move!

Posting is on May 19th.  Ready. Set? Go!  Have Fun Creating the scene…


Another challenge that had me thinking!  I was not sure why type of animal I wanted to highlight, but I remembered a fun card I made in a class that Sarah from The Paper Cut had made with a die that they sell.  I don't have the die (surprise), but thought I could recreate the card easily enough.  I first decided to go with a fun Unity Stamp Company set that I just love called Have You Heard.  I picked the sentiment to use and then used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder called Chicken Wire with Back Mirricard Glossy cardstock.  Chicken wire is also used on a farm.





So--where is the movement part?  It is inside of my card.  


Wait for it--here you go....................




Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Jeanette is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in June.

Image/Sentiment:  Unity Stamp Company Have You Heard

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Black Mirricard, Crystal Stardream; Stampin' Up Basic Black; Reminisce Barnyard Buddies Cow print

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:   Cuttlebug Chicken Wire Embossing Folder




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness.... this is a fabulous card, Barb! Funny thing is I almost made a card where the movement was inside, too, but then ended up doing something else. Your theme was such fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Barb - I love the outside, and the pop-up element really had me smiling - especially paired with that perfect paper!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

This card is both fun and cute. Love it.