Monday, June 28, 2021

Just Don't Fly---Soar



Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 54th month of de-stash and we are in the middle of our 5th year of our challenges.  

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Lola posted our June challenge--Make a project with a Tiger - or a wild cat of any sort: lion, puma, panther, cheetah--just not a domestic pet.

Well--there is no cat on my card....................   But, there is a wild animal.  I looked and looked and looked some more through my stamps, especially the older wooden ones for an image of a wild cat.  Zip--None-Zero.  I knew I had this cut Zebra image and the coordinating sentiment, so I went with that!  I could not buy a new stamp for this challenge!  I think I used to have a Whipper Snapper Designs image with a lion, but I could not find it, as it might have been sold at the camp rummage last weekend.  Anyway--this is another sweet image and sentiment from Whipper Snapper Designs.  I colored this sweet guy with my Copic Sketch Markers and layered with some striped patterned paper from a 6x6 Heidi Swapp pack called Favorite Things.  The background is embossed with the Stampin' Up embossing folder called Corrugated.  Some black twine and black pearls was the final touch!  

d


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSJUN.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For July, Vickie is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!

Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs Zebra Umbrella and Just Don't Fly

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black; Heidi Swapp Favorite Things 6x6 pack

Ink:  
Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Corrugated Embossing Folder; Black Twine; Black Pearls 




2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a fun card Barb - love your 'wild animal' and your matching sentiment .:)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your cat-less card is so cute! Love that zebra! I am giggling/gasping at the ide of having no wild cats in your vast stamp collection though.