Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much


This is my September Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #6. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Sue is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture: 1 THESSALONIANS 5:11 “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

Challenge: If we have learned anything in our country this past year, it’s that it is too easy to discourage and tear one another down. The difficult thing to do is to encourage and build one another up! It takes a certain going against the grain to do this, but it is the right thing to do and it is what will point others to Jesus. Make the decision today to not be a part of divisive talk and action, but rather to always seek to be the light of Jesus in your day-to-day interactions and conversations.  Make and send a card that will encourage and build someone up.


I inked up an older wood-mounted stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs called Live Well-Laugh Often, with Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler.  Since it is such a large stamp, I just layered on an embossed background, with Stampin' Up's Falling Petals.  I think they look like small hearts.  I added some thick red bakers twine and a corner rounder as an added touch.  I really like the look of this card! 



I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Live Well-Laugh Often

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Ink:  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Thick Bakers Twine; Corner Rounder





2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is a gorgeous card Barb - love the strong colour you used and the stamp is a fabulous one for the challenge
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is beautiful! I love the encouraging words and your use of cherry cobbler.