Saturday, September 11, 2021

Teacher Thanks!



First--I am saying a Prayer this morning for all of those lives that were lost 20 years ago today.  How can it be that long ago?  We Shall Never Forget!


This is my September card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 64th month and the theme for September is "Use your A-B-C's--use something on your card that starts with A-B-C".  

I m not sure I have met all of the A-B-C expectations, but I think using patterned paper with the alphabet on it counts too!  The die is from Taylored Expressions and is called Thanks and Backer.  I die cut the word from white and it is layered three times--the backer is in black.  The background is a fun teacher and school themed paper from Little Yellow Bicycle called Bookworm/Penmanship Green. I added some garden green satin stitched ribbon and an apple brad  I think this is a fun card and would be perfect for a back to school thank you teacher card!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the patterned paper:




I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has already posted the October theme and the ones for the rest of the year.  Be sure to come back in to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Thanks and Backer Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Garden Green; Little Yellow Bicycle Bookworm/Penmanship Green

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up 3/8" Satin Stitched Garden Green Ribbon; Apple Brad



4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so class-y looking, with it's great "thanks" and that school-worthy DP!

kiwimeskreations said...

what a great ABC card Barb - love the papers :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Adorable card! That bookworm is too cute

Carol W said...

This card is great. I love the creativity, dsp and color scheme. Great job both inside and out.