Sunday, September 12, 2021

Mega Hello!



Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 26 and we are now into year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness, I made two backgrounds with Ken Oliver Color Burst.  I have three sets of these and have used them only once or twice before.  For this background, I used blue, violet and green on Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock.  I die cut the Altenew Mega Hello from the panel. I layered the word on an embossed panel I made from Sizzix Brick Wall Embossing Folder.  I added a sentiment from Taylored Expressions Crafty Sentiment Strips.  I added a few Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishment Mix for the final touch!   I really like the look of this card and hope you do too. 



Here is the inside of my card:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all continuing this year, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on October 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Altenew Mega Hello/Taylored Expressions Crafty Sentiment Strips

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape

Ink:  Ken Oliver Color Burst Green, Blue and Violet

Accessories:  Sizzix Brick Wall Embossing Folder; Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishment Mix




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is stunning! The colors are so vibrant! Love the big hello, too. Well done!

Carol W said...

Barb this card is Stunning. I love how it turned out. Great job!!!!!