Saturday, September 25, 2021

Picket Fence Double Duty-Late!


OKAY--so this is a few days late, but here we go.  This is month #9 of another challenge for our group of 4 stampers—Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, and Carol!  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For September,  the company that I picked was Picket Fence Studio. They have some wonderful stamp sets.  For our challenge this month, I picked a a set called Part of the Pack--I love the faces of all of these cute dogs!



For my first card, I stamped the image and ink blended with my Taylored Expressions ink cubes and blending brushes.  They are so smooth and I love the colors!  I embossed the background Granny Apple Green with my Taylored Expressions Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder. I punched out the sentiment from the same stamp set with circle punches and I think this is a perfect one for the colorful card.  I then added some Taylored Expressions Clear Drip Dots for the final touch!




For my second card, I decided to go with a spotlight!  I stamped the image twice and colored some of the dogs with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I used orange as a highlight color in the spotlight.  I then die cut the colored image with my Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle Dies.  I used Basic Black and Pumpkin Pie for the cardstock colors as additional highlights!   think the sentiment is perfect for so many of my dog owner friends!



I think this is perfect image to use for my Double Duty this month--so versatile. 




Here is the inside of both cards, with a strip of washi tape:




I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Kelly's  and Carol's blogs.  Now--remember I am a few days late, so you will need to check back a few days to see their cards.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly, Jeanette and Carol like my card. Taylored Expressions is the company we will use in October so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Picket Fence Part of the Pack Stamp  Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Mango Melody, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Ink Cubes and Blending Brushes

Accessories:   Taylored Expressions Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder, Clear Drip Drops; Copic Sketch Markers; Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle Dies; Round Punches




2 comments:

Carol W said...

Wow both cards are great. I love the spotlight technique but have never tried it. I will have to now. I also love the way you colored and blended the background of the first card and I will be checking out Taylors clear drop drips as well. You did an amazing job on both cards both inside and out.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful cards Barb - love the sentiment you paired with the cute rainbow of dogs - the spotlight technique is perfect on the second card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine