Wednesday, June 15, 2022

A Woman of Strength!


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


Jeanette sent out the June kits to all members of both teams.  If you remember, Kelly sent both teams the May kits, so it is Jeanette's turn to spoil us!  The theme this month is Women of Strength!  Jeanette sent us this sweet Hello Bluebird Frosty Mornings image with two cute girls!  She also included two sentiments and I used both as one is on the inside of my card.  She also included some fun coffee inspired papers along with some cute green patterned papers.  There as also a bunch of fun embellishments-- and I picked some ribbon and sequins to use on my card.  Oh--and then there was the twist in the challenge, and I will get to that after I tell about my card.

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I then die-cut image and the Early Espresso layer with some Spellbinders Circle Dies.  I used my Stampin' Up Triple Layer Punch to make three banners with the fun green pattern paper.  I picked the Simon Says Stamp/Pinkfresh Studio sentiment from the Next level Amazing set for the front of my card. The coffee paper background is from Moxxie.  This was fun card to make!

Now, to the surprise!  There was a special meaning to our kit this month--it is in honor of Kelly.  The kit includes an image with Coffee--Kelly's favorite beverage, Friendship-a very important part of Kelly's life and the color Green-Kelly's favorite color! Kelly IS a Woman of Strength!  Kelly is a very special person to all of us and is a great friend who is always there with a kind and encouraging word!  Kelly actually came to visit me in Wisconsin in January--and she lives in Miami!  She got to see snow and hang out with some of her stamping gals for 4 days!   Kelly is an awesome mom for 4 wonderful children, a sweet grandmother to the cute Alice and a great wife to Tony!  She is also the friend each of us would love to hang out with--especially in Miami in the winter! Someday...............  Kelly is always going 100 miles an hour--and many times in her vehicle, but hopefully not that fast in Miami traffic!  How she does it I do not know--and I often comment to her on this subject.  See--She is a Woman of Strength!




Here is the inside of my card, with another of the fun sentiments Jeanette sent:



I hope Kelly and all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month and showcasing Women of Strength!  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun coffee creations are posted and to read what our group has to say about Kelly!  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   July has Carol and Tracie up as hostesses, so be sure to check back on the 15th to see all of our creations.


Image/Sentiment:  Hello Bluebird Frosty Mornings image/Simon Says Stamp-Pinkfresh Studio Next Level Amazing; Great Impressions Only as Strong Sentiments

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   Accent Opaque White;  Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Garden Green; Moxxie Coffee Addict--Paper Studio Cozy Little Christmas--Recollections Stocking Stuffer Patterned Papers

Ink:   Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Triple Layer Punch; Spellbinder Circle Dies; Gold Sequins; Brown Polka Dot Ribbon

7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, first your card! WOW! I love the little flags/banners. Such a fun way to use a variety of papers! And your coloring is top notch. FUN fun card! Now, about the little something extra. No truer words have ever been written. Thank you for Dueling with us this month!

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. Wonderful layout. All your sentiments about Kelly are quite true.

Lorraine said...

Barb - another wonderful card from you!
I love reading everyone's stories/words about Kelly. You're one of the lucky ones who has actually met her in person and had her at your house!

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Barb I love your card the layout the coloring the inside of the card and all the elements you used from the kit. Love your Kelly thoughts and comments. That was a great weekend.

Margaret said...

Such a fabulous card. The image is adorable and the sentiments are spot on. Yes, Kelly is a phenomenon. I also don't know how she keeps up with herself and all the rest that she has to do, but you've done her proud with your card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful tribute to Kelly, Barb, and although I have never met heer in person, so certainly is a wonderful 'internet' friend. You have made a wonderful card for her too
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

AWWWW this just made me start bawling! Yes my trip to WI was one for a lifetime of memories and a true dream come true thanks to a generous host and true friend (you!) You card is just gorgeous! I love the coloring and how amazingly lovely your cards always are ~ and the excitement you have for getting inky shows! Thanks for being one of my brightest lights in my life! Love ya!