Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Thinking of You Flower


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 16th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night and it is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For June, the company we are using is Whipper Snapper Designs.  Most of the stamps by this company are single stamps and not sold in sets.  We are to pick one stamp to use. The home store for this company is only about 15 miles from my house and I have many stamps to pick from.   I decided to go with Thinking of You Flowers!




For my oval card, I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I used  my Stampin' Up Oval dies to cut the image and black backer. I then picked my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to cut the orange  panel--then I embossed it with a Stampin' Up embossing folder called Bouquet of Love.  I added some Stampin' Up jewels for the final touch.



For my second card, I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I then ink blender over the image with my Taylored Expressions Ink Cubes in Red, Orange and Yellow.  This time I used some Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles to cut the image and the white backer. I again used my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to cut the background which I also then embossed with a Stampin' Up Tin Tile Dynamic Folder  A few Taylored Expressions Gold Drip Drops were added for the final touch. 


I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards. I used an embossing folder on each one along with cutting the background panel with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2. I used dies to cut out the image on both along with a backer. 



I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  

Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Unity Stamps is up for our our July challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs Thinking of You Flower

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, Calypso Coral; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Taylored Expressions Ink Cubes, Versamark; White Embossing Powder

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Stampin' Up Oval Dies, Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder, Bouquet of Love Embossing Folder, Iridescent Jewels; Spellbinders Deckled Rectangle Die; Taylored Expressions Gold Drip Drops

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! These cards are absolutely gorgeous, Barb. While you used the same stamp, they have totally different looks. You are such an inspiration to me with your talent!