Friday, June 10, 2022

Life is Simpler


This is my June card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 72nd month and the theme for June is "Farm Fresh" 


I picked a fun Penny Black stamp set that I have had for a few years and really like it!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the panel from a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Squares.  The background paper is from Imaginisce Heartland Farm called Farmer Joe. The sentiment is from the same set. The saying "If it ain't red, it stays in the shed" runs through my mind.  We had red Farmall's when I was growing up and I loved driving them!    I think this is a fun image.



Here is the inside of my card with a strip of the patterned paper:



I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has posted all of the 2022 themes, so be sure to come back to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Penny Black Life is Simpler Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black; Imaginisce Heartland Farm-Farmer Joe Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Dies

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your farm tractor card looks great - and my DH would tell you Red (Farmall) is the way to go. ;)

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Red here Down Under is Massey Ferguson (https://www.waikatotractors.co.nz/massey-ferguson-tractors)
Love this card Barb - the red gingham paper is a perfect rustic background with your image
Blessings
Maxine