Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Best Wishes Fore Your Retirement


This is my June Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS.  She hosted for 5 years and now Faith has taken over for year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 


Faye is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Challenge: make a card giving glory to God. (any area of your life)

I needed a retirement card for our Pastor who is leaving the middle of this month.  He is also a golfer so this Impression Obsession stamp set is perfect!  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the image along with the sentiment with my Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangles.  I picked some fun green patterned paper from a newer to me 6x6 pack from the Craft Consortium called Ink Drops Earth--looks like sweet alcohol inked papers! I added some green thread behind the image along with Pinkfresh Studio jewels as the final touch!





Here is the inside of my card, with another sentiment from the same set:


I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Impression Obsession Retirement Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green; Craft Consortium Ink Drops Earth 6x6 Pack

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Stitched Rectangle Dies; Green Thread; Pinkfresh Studios Jewels; Copic Sketch Markers

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I saw your pretty retirement card in the gallery and am so glad I came here to your blog so I could see the inside too. I absolutely love that retirement sentiment!

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous retirement card Barb - I had to look twice before I saw the detail in the glass - that is a wonderful stamp, and you have used it to perfection.
Blessings
Maxine