Sunday, June 12, 2022

Thanks!



Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 37, so this is the start of year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer. The colors I picked are Beyond Blue with a bit of Zesty Lime.  These are some fun colors to use with Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I spritzed the cardstock, added the color and then spritzed again to move the color.  I die cut the panel with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and added the black layer from the same die set.  The texture and color is so cool in real life!  I then die cut the Taylored Expressions Signature Thanks and Backer in white three times and layered on the black backer. I then added some silver leaves cut from Pinkfresh Studio Curvy Leaves.  Silver TE Drip Drops were the final touch!  





Here is the inside of my card, with another foil leaf.





I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on July 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Signature Thanks and Backer Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock; Stampin' Up Black, White; Silver Glimmer Paper

Ink:  Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Zesty Lime and Beyond Blue

Accessories:  Pinkfresh Studio Curvy Leaves Dies; Taylored Expressions Silver Drip Drops; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2

2 comments:

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW I love this card. Just beautiful.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is so pretty - love the bright/bold colors! I enjoyed reading the process of making it, too. Well done!