Sunday, August 27, 2023

Get Whale Soon

 


This card was posted on Instagram yesterday for a hop called Rediscovery! The premise of this hop is to find the treasures hidden, instead of buying new supplies.  We all have those drawers, bins and shelves that have been tucked away and forgotten.  We all need to root through them and rediscover what we have!  The hop is always the last weekend of every month and some months it is held on both days.  

The theme for August is Get Well. I seem to always need these kinds of cards and I knew I wanted to make more of a clean and simple card--less layers!  I picked one of my wood mounted Whipper Designs Stamps called Get Whale Soon. 

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Marker and then die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Die. I picked this fun background from a Taylored Expressions Alcohol Ink Series 1 pack.  I added a few glittery blue enamel dots for the final touch!




This hop on Instagram happens the last weekend of every month. If anyone is interested in joining us in the future, feel free to contact Tracy on IG--@craftwithme101    I know I will be back hopping in September!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Get Whale Soon

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy, Bravo Burgundy; Taylored Expressions Alcohol Ink Series 1

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Die; Blue Glitter Enamel Dots

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb this is gorgeous - love that image and the way you have coloured and mounted it
Blessings
Maxine