Thursday, August 3, 2023

Tone on Tone

 


This is my 8th One Plus Twelve card for 2023--this is year number 5.   For this challenge, we are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  For 2023, I picked a Taylored Expressions stamp and die set called Graceful Ferns.  I think this set is so versatile and I picked the largest fern image to use each month.  There is a With Sympathy sentiment and coordinating die in the same set, so that is what I used this month.  

For my card this month, I decided to tone on tone, using Crumb Cake as the color.  I inked the fern image twice with Versamark and clear silver embossing powder on the front panel.  I then used my Stampin' Up Exposed Brick embossing folder for some texture on the panel.  I then embossed the other leaf with gold embossing powder, used the die to cut it out and placed it between the other two ferns.  I also used gold embossing powder on the sentiment, which I also die cut.  I added some Trinity Stamps Gold Satin Baubles for the final touch.
 





Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards to see what they picked for their stamp of the year for this challenge in 2023.  Here is a link to both Jeanette's  and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will enjoy checking out each of our cards using the same stamp for 2023. I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to come back on September 3rd to see our cards for the next month!

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Graceful Ferns Stamp and Die Set

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake

Ink: Versamark,  Gold and Clear Embossing Powder

Accessories:  Trinity Stamps Gold Satin Baubles; Stampin' Up Exposed Brick Embossing Folder

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This tone on tone technique looks fabulous with your ONE stamp, Barb! Gorgeous card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a wonderful cards Barb - love the silver and gold embossing, as well as all the texture in the card itself.
Blessings
Maxine