Saturday, August 12, 2023

Hot Mess ~ Success

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.   This is card number 51, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I watched a recent Simon Hurley video where he used a scraper to swipe colors over a stencil. So-- tried it with two different stencils and three colors.  I went with Picket Fence Studio Paper Glaze in Snowdrop White and Jade Wine.  The third color was The Crafter's Workshop Orchid Stencil Butter.   The stencils were both from Newton's Nook--Basketweave and Balloons.

I used the palette knife to place the three colors of pastes at the bottom of each stencil.  I then flipped the stencil so the color was at the top as I thought it would be easier to swipe down rather then up.  I used the scraper to swipe the three colors down the length of the stencil. I was able to go down a few times to get more of the color on the stencil.  The colors did overlap and blend a bit in the middle. I left them dry for a few hours and then used my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to die cut each panel.  Both of the panels were then mounted on a piece of Mirricard that was also used to die cut the words for each.   

The Happy Birthday comes from The Paper Cut's Birthday set and includes a backer.  I used Purple Mirricard for the words and Opal White for the backer--that was layered three times.  The Thank You is from MFT-My Favorite Things Stamps Thank You die.  I picked Emerald Mirricard for the words--again layered three times. Both of the cardbases are white.  I added a few green and purple enamel dots on each of the cards.  





I really like the look of my cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like them too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on September 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  The Paper Cut Happy Birthday Dies; MFT-My Favorite Things Stamps Thank You Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100 White Cougar Opaque,  Emerald and Purple Mirricard

Ink:  Picket Fence Studio Snowdrop White and Jade Wine Paper Glaze; TCW-The Crafter's Workshop Orchid Stencil Butter

Accessories:  Newton's Nook Basketweave and Balloons Stencils;  Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 Dies; Green and Purple Enamel Dots

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful result Barb, and two fabulous cards! Loving the colours you chose to use
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Wow! These look amazing, Barb! I'm impressed!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, these are stunning! I love the colors and the textures that you've created. Very, very nice!