Tuesday, August 22, 2023

The Project Bin Christmas

 


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 32nd month, so we are now in year #3


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For August, the company we pick is a stamp company that is no longer in business.  I decided to go with The Project Bin.  This is a fun company that Denise started and had primarily sentiment sets.  I was blessed to be on the design team for a few years so I got to create often with these great sets.  I still have every single set that was created.  It closed down at the end of 2020 and I do miss seeing the new stamp sets Denise would design!

I picked the fun Christmas stamp set called Joyful Song.  I love the bold musical  sentiments and the one I picked for the challenge is one of my favorites.


For both cards, I used Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler ink for the sentiment and then die cut.  The first card uses a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 and also a backer of the same color.  For the backgrounds, I picked a fun patterned paper from Fancy Pants called Saint Nick-Joy.  I added some red pearls around the die cut.





For the second card, I used the same ink color and same background.  This time I added a banner from the opposite side of the patterned paper.  The die is a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 7--looks  like an open book!    I added red pearls around the image.




Again, both cards use the same background, same color ink and also a Spellbinders Nestabilities Die.  Red Pearls are also on each card.





I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we are using Rubbernecker Rubber Stamps--should be fun.  So be sure to check out our cards on September 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  The Project Bin Joyful Song

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# Ivory;  Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green; Fancy Pants Saint Nick-Joy

Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 & 7 Dies; Red Pearls

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, how fun to see some cards made with Project Bin stamps. Your cards are absolutely beautiful and bring back such happy memories, too.

Carol W said...

Both of these cards are great. I especially like the dsp you chose. Great job

kiwimeskreations said...

These are really striking cards Barb - love your colour usage, and the great sentiment you featured as the focal point on both cards
Blessings
Maxine