Monday, August 7, 2023

Getting Old!

 


This is my August Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  And, Lisa is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:


Scripture:  Psalms 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Challenge:  Make a birthday card

I love making birthday cards as I send quite a few every month.  I am the coordinator of the Birthday Random Acts of Kindness-BRAK group on SCS.  We coordinate sending cards each month to the active RAK members of SCS.  I also send to each of the BRAK Volunteers with a birthday that month, so I probably send out 12-15 birthday cards each month.  That does not included family and friends cards that are also send.

I picked a fun Rubbernecker Stamps image and sentiment for this month.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the birds with the matching die.  I picked out some fun patterned paper with birthday hats to celebrate.  I then die cut a piece of vellum from an older Gina K Designs die set called Decorative Labels.   I added some foam tape behind the vellum after glueing on the birds.  Taylored Expressions black Drip Drops complete the card.  




I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month! We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Jeanette has our September challenge, so be sure to check back!

Image/Sentiment:  Rubbernecker Stamps Be Yourself Image and Getting Old Sentiment

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Vellum; Crate Paper Party Day Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; 
 
Accessories:  Gina K Designs Decorative Label Die; Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Black Drip Drops


2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so cute - love those birds!!! And the fun coordinating sentiment, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a fun card Barb - some days I have to remind myself that growing old is a privilege denied many...
Blessings
Maxine