Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Wreaths and Gingerbread

  


Today is the 15th and this is my card for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month Lorraine sent everyone a fun Christmas kit. She decided that since we had two months of florals for May and June--we now needed two months of Christmas Card--July and now August!

Lorraine said two of her favorite Christmas items are wreaths and gingerbread people.  So she sent everyone this sweet wreath image and a couple of sentiment banners from Your Next Stamp. She was so kind as to have some already die cut for us--yay!  We also received a variety of cute gingerbread images and embellishments.  Lorraine included some fun holiday patterned paper.  Of course, she also included some bling along along with ribbons.  

 I first colored one of the die cut wreath images with my Copic Sketch Markers and used the Merry Christmas banner.  I then decided to go with a more simple background--polka  dots!  I used my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and then layered on some of the silver glitter cardstock! I colored one of the single gingerbread gals and added her to the bottom corner. This was fun card to make!





This is the inside of my card with some of the sweet ribbon Lorraine included along with another gingerbread gal!  




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We will be back in September with the surprise Jeanette will be sending out.  Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun she has planned!


Image/Sentiment:   Your Next Stamp Holiday Wreaths

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up White, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green; Simple Stories Baking Spirits Bright Gingerbread Kisses

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; Warm Holiday Wishes Twill Ribbon

4 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

A great card - inside and out! I love that you used more of the kit to decorate the inside, and the polka dots for the front are perfect.

Tracie said...

Such a cute card Barb. Love how you even decorated the inside of the card.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is lovely inside and out. I really like how you used so many layers - and your coloring is well done, too!

Carol W said...

Wow Barb, I really like this card. So elegant looking. Love how you put the little gingerbread boy on the front and of course the inside is amazing as well.