Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Old Crumbs of Cherry Cobbler


This is the 32nd week of A Card a Week Challenge. One card a week--for 52 weeks--with a preset challenge for each month. August is to use a Color Challenge from SCS.  Every Tuesday I will post a card that fits the theme of the monthly challenge. 

I picked Color Challenge #724 for my third card in August.  It is to use Old Olive, Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler.  The title on SCS is Old Crumbs of Cherry Cobbler!



I thought these colors would look nice with some of my new to me Verses anniversary stamps.  I am making some anniversary cards for a friend and this is a great color combo!  I used a Memory Box die to cut a square of Cherry Cobbler to layer over the Old Olive.  The patterned paper is actually a Christmas paper called Deck the Halls.................................

I really like the look of this card and hope you do too. 

  
Here is the inside of my card: 



I hope you will stop back each Tuesday to see my creation for my A Card a Week Challenge!  Be sure to check back to see my what colors I used for my last card!

Image/Sentiment: Verses Bright Hope Anniversary

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Deck the Halls Designer Series Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler

Accessories: Memory Box Stitched Work Dies; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is such a striking card... lovely anniversary sentiment!

Aracelli Merla said...

This is a great color combo and is perfect on your card. I also like the die cut framing your sentiment, and the red ribbon is just icing on the cake. Beautifully made.

kiwimeskreations said...

What an handsome card Barb - love that verse on the front and the strong colours
Blessings
Maxine