Saturday, August 3, 2019

One + Twelve


This is my One Plus Twelve, month eight!  This is the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month--but we may add a sentiment if we want!  One Stamp/Twelve Months-here we go into our 8th month of one plus 12.  We are to post on the 3rd of each month, reflecting the three of us and our three challenges we currently do together--3 Musketeers, our first challenge along with Ready, Set Go and now this one! And, there will be a new challenge coming in a bit over a week--and we have added an 4th person for this new group.  Be sure to check back on the 12th to see what we are up to now!

As a mentioned for my first card in January,  I picked my favorite Stampin Up set--Lovely as a Tree.  It is now retired and it does make me a bit sad.........  For my challenge this month, I used my new Taylored Expressions Blender Brushes and some Tim Holtz Distress Ink for the background.  It is not as smooth as I would like it, but I think it just takes more practice!


Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set is picked and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! We will be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd of September.

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree; Altenew Heartfelt Sentiments

Cardstock: Recollections 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Old Olive

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy; Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Broken China, Peeled Paint

Accessories:  None this time




3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Barb! Another gorgeous example of your lovely trees and this one reminds me of a dark and stormy night :) One day - looking out over your deck - in the distance behind the houses where the red barn is, I saw a similiar scene ♥ I miss you guys!!! Your card - WOW ...... you're having fun with your brushes, I see! Enjoy! Til next month!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous scene you have created Barb - it looks as though it is nearly night, late on a summers evening .
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the blending on this card looks great - love that you used your new blending brushes. Awesome design, too!