Monday, September 14, 2020

Be A Light!


This is the third card of a new challenge in 2020 with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me!  This is our 6th challenge amongst us!  Jeanette came up with this new challenge called Mission Possible!  Jeanette sent us a mystery item and asked if we would accept the challenge to make a project with the items even before opening the package!  Of course, Kelly and I said yes, so the challenge is on.  We plan to do this quarterly and the item will change each round!  This Will be Mission Possible!

This is what Jeanette sent to use this round: Good Day, Ms. Card-Maker. You did an outstanding job with your last mission and are to be commended!
As I prepared for this mission, I had an item picked out, purchased and waiting for the time to mail it to you.  Then--THEN--I saw the amazing work of Dina Roedel Kowal and immediately knew I wanted to go in a different direction.  She used the cloud edger stencil that is getting so much attention right now, but she paired it with another item that caught my eye too. It is that "other item" that is your next mission, should you choose to accept it.  You'll discover what that item is by opening the enclosed package. 
 This message will not self-destruct in five seconds, since I have no ability to do that and besides, you might need to refer to it again at some point.

Jeanette sent us this awesome embossing folder by Taylored Expressions called Walking on Sunshine.  I love this folder and have many from TE--but not this one-such a surprise!  I embossed a piece of Daffodil Delight and then picked three colors of Tim Holtz Oxide inks. I added color with my brushes to accent the rays.  I did peak at Jeanette's card as mine is a day late and love her card.  She did use the cloud stencil edger on her card and I HAD to order it last night!  I cannot wait to get it and practice and practice some more!  I did watch Dina's video on the stencil and she used a sentiment that said Be The Light.  I do not have one like that, but did use a Dare 2B Artzy stamp from the My Path set--I think it works!  On a side note--I love the song Be A Light by Thomas Rhett and other country singers.  I persuaded Rebecca to learn the song as she is singing an outdoor concert at our church the first weekend in October for a benefit for an orphanage in Cambodia that we support. She has it down and I love listening to her signing it while she practices for the event.  I added some gold glitter enamel dots to the rays on my card.  I think met the challenge--mission accomplished! And, I am excited to do this again! AND- I will do better and post my card on the correct day!



And, if you are not familiar with the song Be A Light, here is a link.



Please be sure to check out the other Mission Possible projects with this fun embossing folder.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. They might have posted yesterday or are late like me and post today!  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Be sure to check back to see what we create in December--and see what item Jeanette sends us to create with!

Image/Sentiment: Dare 2B Artzy My Path

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Daffodil Delight

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Tim Holtz Oxide Inks

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Walking on Sunshine Embossing Folder; Gold Glimmer Dots



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love you card - those touches of ink add just the right amount of color and additional beauty to your sunrays... and of course I love the Glimmer Dots! Thank you for taking on this mission so beautifully!

And thank you for the link to the beautiful song. I wish I could hear Rebecca sing it.

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Barb - so striking, the way you have used the colours with the embossing folder.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine