Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Thank You Dairy Much


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for September, our 41st month!  That means we are well into our 4th year--YAY!



I provided the challenge for September: Working Parents Day!

This is the information I sent for our Challenge:  Today, September 16th is working parents day.   We have honored our parents in the past in a few different challenges and I want to do it again.  Think of your parents and the work that they did in their lives.  You can honor your mom or dad or both--your choice.  It can be an actual “job” that they had or showcase them working in another fashion.  Please make a card that highlights your working parents!  Ready?  Set. Go!

I knew I wanted to honor both of my parents as they were dairy farmers.  My parents moved from a suburb in Chicago in 1949 to central Wisconsin and bought a farm.  I was born a few years later and I have always said they needed a farm hand.  You see, my brother was 18 and my sister 20 when I was born........ My parents both worked very hard and we had a very successful farm.  We usually milked between 25-30 cows, farmed 248 acres and had pigs, ducks, chickens too.  They sold the cows the fall I went to college and raised beef cattle and still farmed the land until my dad died at the age of 82!  My mom continued to live on the farm for another 4 years until she also passed away at the age of 82 too.  Yes, a farmer all of their lives! 

For my card, I picked a Techniques Tuesday stamp set called Clementine the Cow-and I don't think it has ever seen ink!  I picked a dairy sentiment to match along with a metal pail.  I colored the images with my Copic Sketch Markers and layered over some bandanna patterned paper from Imaginisce. I die cut the straw patterned paper with a MFT die called Stitched Basic Edges and in real life, you can actually see the stitching! I used some black baker's twine under the sentiment.


Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Jeanette is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in October! 

Image/Sentiment:  Technique Tuesday Clementine the Cow

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black; Imaginisce Heartland Farm-Picnic Patterned Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Black Baker's Twine; Copic Sketch Markers; MFT Stitched Basic Edges




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is MOO-velous! Love the dairy theme - I knew we'd see something farming from you today and I was not disappointed. I love love LOVE the sentiment on your card, too! Thanks for a great RSG theme this month!

MiamiKel said...

Holy COW! (haha) This is over the top fabulosu - from the perfect paper to the die cut cow. I knew we'd see a farm card, too (just thought it might be SU!) and this is so cute. Great job on your RSG theme!

Carol W said...

Great card and great theme Barb.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Barb, and an awesome tribute to your parents!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine