Saturday, September 12, 2020

Explore!


Today it is time for another Hot Mess card and this is card number 14. We are now into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I used some of my Tim Holtz alcohol inks--Sailboat Blue, Stream and Botanical.  I added a few drops of each color to my rectangle foam blending tool and swiped the colors across a piece of Tim Holtz Silver Sparkle Alcohol Ink Cardstock. I love the sparkle of the background, though it is not very visible in the photo.  The die is also a Tim Holtz Sizzix Shadow Script #3.  I die cut the shadow from the same silver cardstock and the word Explore was cut three times from Night of Navy and layered. A few green enamel dots are the final touch!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip trimmed from the front:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs.  I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on October 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Sizzix Tim Holtz Shadow Script #3 Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Tim Holtz Silver Sparkle Alcohol Ink Cardstock; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Pool Party

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks--Stream, Botanical and Sailboat Blue

Accessories:  Green Enamel Dots




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your background is so pretty - it looks shimmery and so smooth. I love the colors you chose to use, too. Very nice card! A Hot Mess Success, for sure!

Carol W said...

WOW Barb, I love this card. Love the sparkle in the background and the colors you chose for the stripes. The inside is just as perfect as the outside. Wonderful job.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow, Wow, WOW!!! That TH card stock looks amazing with the swipes of colors. Very cool! Layering the word die cuts is a great idea, gives it nice depth. The finishing touch of the enamel dots is perfect. I love this card!