Monday, September 28, 2020

Show us Leaves!


Today is the day after the 28th and I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 45th month of de-stashing-we are coming to the end of 4th year of our challenges.  

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Tracie posted our September challenge--Use leaves on your card. Green leaves, fall leaves or winter greenery. All acceptable.

I have a few fall stamps--and many are still wood mounted.  This is a fun stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs called Fall Tree.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I found a sweet sentiment in the Stampin' Up Free As a Bird stamp set and inked that up with Early Espresso.   I put some linen thread behind the sentiment. The background is embossed with Stampin' Up's Pinewood Planks folder and and I added some of my new Studio Katia Vintage Shimmer Pearls as an embellishment.  I love the sparkle of these!



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSSEP.  You might see many cards there is you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For October, Vickie is up.  Be sure to check back to see what we create!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Fall Tree/Stampin' Up Free As A Bird Sentiment

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie 

Ink: 
Stampin' Up Early Espresso; Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Linen Thread, Pinewood Planks Embossing Folder; Copic Sketch Markers; Studio Katia Vintage Shimmer Pearls




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty - I love the tree with its falling leaves. Lovely use of the EF on the background, too. Lovely!

Margaret said...

Love your card and the image is great. Looks good with the embossed folder.

MiamiKel said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I hope today is all things WONDERFUL! And this card is GORGEOUS - I am loving your coloring, so bold and a bit daring! Superb!