Monday, September 21, 2020

Mane Event


This is my card for September's Monthly Challenge for the Creative Card Chicks.  This group is a kind of mystery image swap, where we each get an image and additional items to complete the challenge each month. This is the 4th month of our new round--join me through the rest of 2020 and into 2021.

Terry is the hostess this month and sent everyone this sweet image from Taylored Expressions called Mane Event. Terry also included some fun sentiments and some cute patterned paper.  And--she included a Wobble, which I used on my card!

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I used two of the patterned papers for the background.   I added one of the sentiments that I punched with a Stampin' Up circle punch and the wobble is behind the lion!  A few bright yellow enamel dots complete this fun card.



Here is the inside of my card:


The Creative Card Chicks are to post our cards between the 21st and 23rd of each month--so if you check the blogs on my sidebars, you may see more of these wonderful creations!  Many of our members also post their card in our SCS thread--so you might find more there.  Be sure to come back and join us again in October with an image that Sue sends out.




Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Mane Event

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest White; Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Mango Melody; Pebbles Happy Hooray and Candy Shoppe Patterned Paper

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Circle Punches; Wobble; Yellow Enamel Dots




6 comments:

Suzy Sprague said...

Adorable card, Barb! I love the papers you picked and the added enamel dots. Looks grrreat!

terry serman said...

I like the horizontal stripes! Cute card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and cute card! Love your striped and vibrantly colored DP too.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is an adorable card - love the cheerful colors and fun design. CUTE party animal, too!

Margaret said...

Such a cute design for the image. I love the bright, cheery colors.

JD/ Jill said...

Very cute! Like the bright cheery colors that you used!