Thursday, June 3, 2021

Good Friends are Hard to Find



This is my One Plus Twelve card for June. This was the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge in 2019. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  It was so much fun that the three of decided to continue for our third year and pick a new image to use.

For 2021, I picked a Gina K Designs set called Thankful Greenery.  I think this set is so pretty and I can see in my mind many ways that I can use this image.  Plus--I will have 12 thank you cards at the end of the year!

For this month's card, I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I then cut oval out of two layers of cardstock, using CottageCutz Stitched Oval Dies.  I layered them over the image and used foam tape for some dimension. The added sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp.  I added some black enamel dots for the final touch.



Here is the inside of my card:




Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set each of them picked for 2021 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Thankful Greenery; Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strip

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Granny Apple Green

Ink: Simon Says Stamp Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; CottageCutz Stitched Oval Dies; Black Enamel Dots




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty - love that shade of green! And the black makes everything pop beautifully!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving this Barb - the greens play so well together, and the black really brings them to life
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine