Wednesday, June 16, 2021

50th Anniversary


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with another challenge for June, our 50th month!  That means we are into year #5 for us--50th post--WOW!



Jeanette provided the challenge for us this month: It’s hard to believe, but this is our 50th Ready, Set, Go! post so in celebration of this momentous occasion I’m challenging us to celebrate each other and this fun challenge group. How? (I’m glad you asked.) Because there are three of us, I want you to use three of something on your card – three colors, three layers, three designer papers, three whatever. I also want you to include something on your card that starts with the first letter of each of our names – so something that starts with a K, something that starts with a B, and something that starts with a J (I’ll admit my name may be the most challenging).

Oh, and one more thing… because this is our Golden Anniversary, please add some GOLD to your card, too.

I hope you have fun with the theme. Ready Set Go! 


I first decided on the items that matched each of the letters of our names:

K--a Kite

J--Just Jade Cardstock

B--Bumble Bee Cardstock


Then, the three of something was pretty easy--three layers of colors--the two I already listed plus Misty Moonlight.  The image is a fun Whipper Snapper Designs wooden stamp called Peyton.  I colored it with my Copic Sketch markers and added some gold cording behind the image and layer--there is the Gold! The fun sentiment is from a sweet Gina K Designs called Happy Mail.  The background is embossed with a fun folder from Quickutz called Swirls--looks like wind swirling for the kite!  





Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in July.

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Peyton/Gina K Designs Happy Mail

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White;  Stampin' Up Bumble Bee, Misty Moonlight, Just Jade

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:   Copic Sketch Markers; Quickutz Swirls Embossing Folder; Gold Cording; Circle Punch and Dies




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, you are amazing! There were so many factors in this "golden-anniversary" challenge and you managed to do all of them in such an adorable way! Your card is just way too cute! I love Peyton and his colorful kite!

Darlene LeTavec said...

So cute! Very creative how you added the various elements to celebrate the anniversary. Adorable Peyton is perfectly colored too!

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous card Barb, and I love all your details, and how you have included the elements from the challenge.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine