Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Salt Life!



Today is the 15th and the day we post our card for our group, the Crafty Card Ladies!   The team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our June Challenge, Kelly is the hostess and she sent both teams--the Pearls and the Diamonds, all the same kit!  And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

The theme for June Salt Life!  This fun kit that Kelly sent included the sweet Photo Play Paper Tulla and Norbert's Excellent Adventures stamp and matching patterned paper.  She also include some coordinating sentiments,  some fun ribbons and pretty embellishments. 

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I die cut the image and the layer of one of the patterned papers from CottageCutz Single Stitched Ovals. I used the red baker's twine behind the ovals.  I picked the fun sunburst patterned paper for the base layer. I used my circle punches for one of the fun sentiments and added some of the sweet enamel dots.  This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, with a layer of one of the fun patterned papers:




I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  See you next month in July, when Kelly and Jeanette, our faithful leaders, are the hostesses!

Image/Sentiment:  Photo Play Paper Tulla and Norbert's Excellent Adventure

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Crushed Curry; Photo Play Paper Tulla and Norbert's Excellent Adventure Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Red Baker's Twine, Enamel Dots; CottageCutz Single Stitched Ovals




8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so cheerful with the sun rays - and soooooo cute, too! Then there's that fun DP on the inside. I love your card!

Tracie said...

What a fun card Barb. I love that you used the sun ray paper for the background. It really makes the image pop.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

adorable card Barb! Love how you used the twine!

Carol W said...

Oh Barb what a wonderful card. I love the sunshine ray DSP and that you used it to center the image on this is awesome.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love those sunburst rays! It really makes me think of warm days at the beach. I like how you looped the baker's twine and offset the enamel dots. Excellent card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Just love that DP with the rays of sunshine! And, this image is so fun and darling!!! Great touch with the looped twine!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used the papers from the kit Barb on this wonderful, summery card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Suzy Sprague said...

Great choice of paper for your fun card. Your gnome looks great in the center of the Sundays.