Saturday, June 12, 2021

Just Because



Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 23 and we are coming to the end of year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness,  I used my brand new Simon Hurley Lunar Paste--I love the 5 color I have and cannot wait for more to come out!  I picked Slippery When Wet, Traffic Cone n Bee Sting- think they work well together.  I then picked a Taylored Expressions stencil called The Right Angle.  I has three parts, and it worked perfect with the pastes.  They go on so smooth and I love the shimmer and shine when dry--so cool!  I then picked a Simon Says Stamp die called Just  Because.  I die cut the backer with a coordinating color to the pastes--I do not know what it is called as it came from my pink/red scrap drawer!  I then cut the words three times from Cougar White.  The thick cardstock made it easy to layer.  I added some Buttons Galore Sparkletz called Island Breeze.  I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I will definitely use my Simon Hurley pastes often!




Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all continuing this year, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on July 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Simon Says Stamp Just Because Words and Backer

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White

Ink: None

Accessories:  Gina Simon Says Stamp Lunar Paste Slippery When Wet, Traffic Cone and Bee Sting; Taylored Expressions The Right Angle Stencil; Buttons Galore Sparkletz Island Breeze Embellishments




5 comments:

Jennifrann said...

Fabulous, Barb! I love the colors. I've seen adds for that new paste, but haven't quite seen them in practice. I'll have to Youtube it and check them out. Sounds like something I'd love.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this looks fabulous - I love seeing those pastes in action. I'm in awe of how colorful and lovely they are. The geometric design makes them the star of your card, too!

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW what a great card. I had to look up the lunar pastes as this is the first time I've heard of them. You did an awsome job creating this card and I'm sure you will have more fun using them. Can't wait to see all your creations. The colors and pattern you used are perfect. Great job!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Barb - love the graphic style to this colourful card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene LeTavec said...

This is AWESOME!!! I'm loving the colors of the pastes, and that stencil really rocks. The die cut sentiment is perfect for this background. I absolutely love this card!