Thursday, June 17, 2021

Rainbow is my Favorite Color!


Today I am posting the card that I posted on Tuesday for the Love Wins Hop on Instagram.  I was blessed to post on the Green Team which represents Nature.  There were over 130 people who participated in the hop over 6 days with many, many cards posted and a number of sweet prizes to be randomly picked.  If you still want to check out the cards, you can click on my IG link on the top right side bar--it looks like a yellow flower. You will love all of the cards!  And, if you comment in the hop, you might win a wonderful prizes.  I am giving a $50 gift certificate to Gina K Designs as a prize!


I recently purchased the Simon Says Stamp Rainbow is my Favorite Color Card Kit and I loved all of the contents.  I knew I wanted to use it for this card and decided to do a slimline card, the color is Sour Apple, with a Grape Jelly window overlay, both from The Paper Cut in Appleton, WI.  I die cut three rainbows from the sweet Holographic cardstock from the kit with the Hello Rainbow Die. The background behind the windows is a fun cardstock called Blast Holographic, also from The Paper Cut--it looks like fireworks!  I used foam tape behind the Window Overlay and tucked the rainbows in each window.  The clouds were die cut from a Memory Box die from Snow White Astro King Metallic, again from TPC.  I added a few hearts, also cut from the Holographic Rainbow paper along with a few Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishments.  The sentiment is from the same Simon Says Stamp kit, which I embossed with white and die cut with a Stampin' Up Stitched Nested Labels.  





Here is a close-up so you can see a bit of the fireworks!  



Here is the inside, with another rainbow:




I really, really like this card and was honored to post it in the hop among some of the best and most famous cardmakers in the world!  Please check out some of the wonderful creations on Instagram!

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Rainbow is my Favorite Color Kit

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Blast Holographic, Snow White Astro King Metallic, Sour Apple Slimline Card base, Grape Jelly Slimline Window Overlay; Simon Says Stamp Holographic Rainbow

Ink:  Versamark; White Embossing Powder

Accessories:   Trinity Stamps Midnight Ball Embellishment Mix; Stampin' Up Stitched Nested Label Dies; Memory Box Cloud Dies; Heart Punch; 




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is so creatively fun! You did an outstanding job with it! I am so glad you were able to be a part of the hop!

kiwimeskreations said...

An amazing card Barb. Love all those gorgeous effects from the papers
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine