Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Addison is Double Duty!


Here we are!  This is the 12th month of another challenge for our group of 4 stampers—Barb, Jeanette, Kelly, and Carol!  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For December,  the company that I picked was Whipper Snapper Designs. They have many, many cute stamps, and I do have a few, especially snowmen.  For the challenge this month, we were to pick one WSD stamp and use it on two cards in two different ways.  I picked a cute snowman called Addison--I love him and have used him often in the past.  The two sentiments are also from Whipper Snapper Designs!  The images and sentiments were stamped with Hero Arts Intense Black Ink.



For my first card, I colored the sweet snowman image with my Copic Sketch Markers, in shades of Yellow and Green. Honoring my Wisconsin football team--the Green Bay Packers!  I die cut the image with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rounded Squares.  The sentiment is called Free Snow and I used a Stampin' Up Oval Punch to cut it out.  I added some Lawn Fawn Chunky Glitter on his boots, shovel and on the snow under his feet.  The background is fun green snowflake patterned paper.  Some Taylored Expressions snowflakes are the final touch.  




For my second card, I colored the same image with my Copic Sketch Markers-this time in shades of red for a more traditional card.  Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter was added to the shovel, boots, snowline along with his hat, scarf and mittens! The sentiment is called Someone Say Snow and was cut with an Elizabeth Craft Designs Dashing Circle die.  The background paper is from Pebbles Holly Jolly line called Mittens and was die cut with Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  This time a strip of white satin ribbon and silver stars finish the card.  



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards.  Lawn Fawn glitter was used on both cards along with added snowflakes.  I think each card has some fun colors!





Here is the inside of my cards:




I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Kelly's  and Carol's blogs.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly, Jeanette and Carol like my card.

We will be back in 2022, but sadly Kelly is leaving the group.  But, our friend Darlene will be joining us, so we will return as a group of 4.  Stampin' Up is up for our first challenge in January, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Whipper Snapper Designs Addison/Free Snow and Someone Say Snow Sentiments

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Real Red, Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Shaded Spruce; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Pebbles Holly Jolly-Mittens Patterned Paper; Green Snowflake Patterned Paper-unknown company 

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; 

Accessories:   Copic Sketch Markers; Lawn Fawn Prisma and Chunky Glitter; Silver Snowflakes; Taylored Expressions Snowflakes; Elizabeth Craft Designs Dashing Circle Die; Stampin' Up Oval Punch; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rounded Square Die; White Satin Ribbon




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these cards are adorable, as is that sweet SWEET snowman. (I think I need him!) I like that you're celebrating the green, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Barb - I love the image and the sentiments are such fun too. Love how you have coloured the images, and also mounted them on these wonderful cards
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine