Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Going Out With a Bang!



Today is the third Wednesday of the month, and it is my final Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card!  The 3 of us, Kelly, Jeanette and me, are back with our final  challenge--this one for December, our 56th month!  That means we are ending in year #5!  There have been some great cards made over this time and some very fun challenges too!   This is the last challenge that we are doing and Jeanette gave us a good one to go out in style!



Jeanette provided the final challenge for us: I don’t know about you but I’m getting a little sentimental thinking about this being our last Ready Set Go Challenge. Kelly, when you came up with this idea back in 2017, Barb and I quickly jumped onboard and it has been so much fun! THANK YOU for including me!

Now we’re at the end. This will be our 56th and final Ready Set Go Challenge. I have tried to think of something that could make it memorable and challenging. Perhaps I was overthinking, but I kept telling myself that I wanted us to go out with a bang, as my Grandpa used to say. Though it was a common phrase and not original to him, I always knew it was his way of telling me to give it my very best. Don’t give up. Don’t slow down. End well.

Nothing I was coming up with seemed like a good ending… then it kind of hit me. Why not go with the idea of the word “Bang” for our last Ready Set Go Challenge. Define it how you’d like…

·       Include something on your card that makes a Bang, like fireworks or an old jalopy that backfires.

·       OR include something on your card that begins with each of the letters in the word B-A-N-G.

·       OR, since the word Bang has four letters in it, include four of something on your card.

·       OR… ???

No restrictions. You decide. But be sure to let us know how you defined Bang while making your card.

Ready. Set. Go!


I thought about this challenge for a bit and decided to go out with a bang by making 2 cards! Each of the depicts a bang!  First when a skier falls down, it is with a bang. And, in my days of skiing for many years, I did fall down and did bang.  In fact one time while skiing in college, despite the directive from my college basketball coach to not go skiing-I fell and broke my thumb. I did get it taped up and never missed a game, but telling her what happened was not fun!  The second card showcases an old truck that I am sure does backfire with a bang!  Both images are from some Unity Holiday Stamp Sets and some additional winter cards are always fun to make!


For the skier card, the image and sentiment are from the Unity set called Pain and Pride.  I colored the penguin with my Copic Sketch Markers.  The image was die cut from Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 2 and the sentiment cut from Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  I did some brush blending around the edge of the skier die cut.  The background paper is from Echo Park Paper called Winter Magic.  I also added a layer of Silver cardstock from The Paper Cut.   I added some blue bakers twine along with Lawn Fawn Prisma glitter and Chunky glitter for the final touch.  




For the red truck card, the image and sentiment are from the Unity set called Christmas Magic.  I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers.  The image and sentiment was die cut from Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2.  The background paper is from Simple Stories Sample Vintage Line Rustic Christmas-Wrapped With Care. I tried to add some enamel dots and sequins but either looked right, so I left the card front plain to showcase the fun image.  



Here is the inside of both cards with another strip of the patterned paper:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card.  I really hope you have enjoyed following along with us the past 5 1/2 years as we create with our Ready-Set-Go Challenges!  It has been Great Fun!

Image/Sentiment:  Unity Christmas Magic/Pain and Pride

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Silver Mirricard; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue; Echo Park Paper Winter Magic:  Simple Stories Simple Vintage Rustic Christmas-Wrapped With Care

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Lawn Fawn Prisma and Chunky Glitter; Gina K Master Layouts 2; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 2; Blue Baker's Twine




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what fun... you really know how to go out with a BANG, Barb. Not just one fabulous card, but two. Each of them are just perfect, too!

kiwimeskreations said...

Poor penguin getting banged up - and I am sure that old truck will backfire - a pair of wonderful cards to go out with a bang with Barb
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine