Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Mission Possible Returns!



This is my card for a fun challenge that Jeanette came up with last year called Mission Possible!  Jeanette sent us a mystery item three times in 2020 and asked if we would accept the challenge to make a project with the items even before opening the package!  Of course, Kelly and I said yes, so the challenge is on.  We plan to do this quarterly and the item will change each round!  This Will be Mission Impossible Possible!

Earlier in 2021, Kelly and I also sent out items to use.  This time, Jeanette again  sent something for us to use along with the following info: Good Day, Ms. Card-Maker.  Your next mission, should you decide to accept it, involves the use of this starry stencil.  As in the past, you will be working alongside the same two team members. This message will not self-destruct in five seconds, since I have no ability to do that and besides, you might need to refer to it again at some point.  Good Day and Good Luck!

Jeanette sent us a sweet stencil by Spellbinders called Star Bright.  It is a large stencil, 6x6!  I love the starry pattern of this stencil and wanted to try it with different mediums on different colored cardstock.  I also knew I needed some more Thank You cards, so I used a fun die from Taylored Expressions called Thanks and Backer.  I cut the word three times from Metallic Mirricard from The Paper Cut and layered them together for additional dimension.  The backer is vellum from Stampin' Up, as I decided I did not want to cover up more of the fun starry background!


For the navy card,  I used Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste.  I must really like this stuff as I have three jars of it!  The sentiment is die cut from Gold Mirricard and there is also a gold layer.  The card base is Blackberry Bliss.



For the white card,  I used Platinum Nuvo Mousse. This time, the sentiment is die cut from Silver Mirricard and there is also a silver layer.  The card base is Basic Black.

I think I met the challenge--mission accomplished!  And, I am excited that the three of us are going to do this again in 2022!  I have the item ready to send out that we will use in the early part of the new year, should Kelly and Jeanette agree to take the challenge!



Here is the inside of my cards, with a strip of the metallic cardstock:



Please be sure to check out the other Mission Possible projects with this fun stencil.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Be sure to check back to see what else create this year. As I mentioned before, I am up next, so the Mission Impossible Possible Continues!

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Thanks and Backer Die 

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Blackberry Bliss, Night of Navy, Vellum; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White, Gold and Silver Mirricard

Ink: Nuvo Mousse-Platinum and Nuvo Glimmer Paste-Moonstone

Accessories:  
Spellbinders Star Bright Stencil



3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... not just one, but two beauties! I love that you tried the stencil with different mediums and colors. Each one is stunning! Now about the 3 Moonstone Nuvo Glimmer Paste???

MiamiKel said...

OK my friend! You are the queen of twofers! No way to pick a favorite these are both absolutely exquisite! So beautifully done and a terrific idea to use a bold word! See you next year! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautifully done- love these beautiful cards! So creative!
Happy New Year!