Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Hero Arts Double Duty


Here we are!  This is the 14th month, so we are into year #2.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For February, the company we are using is Hero Arts--a company  that has been around for a very long time and one that all of us have a few sets to chose from.  I picked a very cute stamp and die combo called Bunch of Balloons.   



For my first card-the black one, I embossed black cardstock with white embossing powder. I then die cut the image with the coordinating die. I then used my Karin Deco Brush Metallic Marker to color the balloons.  I will admit, it did not turn out the way I thought--looks a bit like a hot mess............  I added two layers behind the image for some dimension. The background patterned paper is from a pack of Party Brights from Our Memories for Life.  Some Stampin' Up rhinestones are the final touch.  



For my second card, the white one, I also embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I then used some Taylored Expressions inks along with my blending brushes to blend in rainbow colors.  I then die cut the image and layered it over a die cut panel that was embossed with my Stampin' Up Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  Again, I die cut addition images and placed them on top of each other.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was cut with 3 Stampin' Up punches.  Again, rhinestones were added for the final touch. 



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards. 




I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to  Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Pinkfresh Studio is up for our our March challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment:  Hero Arts Bunch of Balloons stamp and die set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Our Memories for Life Party Brights 

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; Versamark; White Embossing Powder; Taylored Expressions Ink Cubes

Accessories:  Karin Deco Brush Metallic Markers; Stampin' Up Rhinestones




4 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love seeing new techniques- two cool cards!

Carol W said...

Great cards Barb. They are both so striking. White and black I love that. You did a great job with them.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, both of these are such fun! I love those balloons.

kiwimeskreations said...

A pair of stunning cards Barb - love the rainbow balloons, and the ones in metallic paints on black are stunning!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine