Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Library Lovers



Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings, part 2!  


Carol and Tracie sent out the February kits for our second challenge of 2022. The theme is Library Lovers!  Carol sent us some fun Dr. Seuss quotes she printed out along with few images.  She also included some sweet ephemera and  fun embellishments--all book and library related.   She also included some awesome  patterned papers, along with some cute ribbon and twine. There were so many things to pick from! 

I decided to pick one of the Dr. Seuss quotes that I love, along with one of the library cards that was printed on velum.  I picked a fun patterned paper of a dictionary page as the background.  I die cut the layer with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and placed it on another piece of the patterned paper that Carol sent--the solid back side!    I thought the glasses were so dang cute!  I then added two of the Tim Holtz Quote Chips about travels--matching the Dr. Seuss quote!   I think they are the perfect touch for this card! This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, on a layer of another fun patterned paper, along with a post card!



I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what fun library creations are posted!  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   Lorraine and I are up for March, so be sure to check back on the 15th to see all of our creations.


Image/Sentiment:  Dr. Seuss quote that Carol printed for us

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Basic Black;  Tim Holtz Patterned Papers; 

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Black Glasses; Tim Holtz Quote Chips; Library Card; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; 




7 comments:

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. Love the glasses and the layout is perfect.

Darlene LeTavec said...

This is great! What a fun kit. So creative to include the postcard on the inside too. You did a super job highlighting that quote!

Carol W said...

Barb I love love love your card. Such a great idea on using the kit contents. Well done. This is perfect.

MiamiKel said...

Barb this is a beauty! I love the design on it and look at that inside - just as fabulous! You are the crafty one, my friend! Hugs! xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Barb - love how you used the kit elements and that wonderful quote taking centre stage.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card looks great - love the neutral colors and fabulous design. What a fun duel this has been!

Lorraine said...

Such a nice card and I too love the glasses!