Saturday, February 12, 2022

Hot Mess = Just Because




Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 33 and we are well into year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness, I made a few backgrounds with my Tim Holtz alcohol inks.  I do love them and they are very messy!  I used three colors of purple on a piece of Yupo.  I also added Tim Holtz blending solution along with my hand blower.  I die cut the panel with my Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 and layered in on black.  The sentiment is a die cut and backer from Simon Says Stamp--I love words when they also come with a backer!  I added some black enamel dots as the final touch.   I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  I am sure I will be using the additional three panels I made too!




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on March 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Just Because Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape; Yupo

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks--shades of purple

Accessories:  Black Enamel Dots; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2


3 comments:

Carol W said...

This card is fabulous. I love the color combo and the way you used the words as a main focal point. Love this card both inside and out!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is really dramatic Barb - love it! The purples are fantastic.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene LeTavec said...

I absolutely love the deep colors and the background! I need to play more with these inks. The bold sentiment die cut is perfect with this background. So very nice!