Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Shoebox Swap


Today I am showing you the card I made for a shoebox swap.  I was at a retreat last weekend that was set up by my demo Sarah and she calls it Galentines!  It was so much fun.  I attended back in 2019, but then could not attend in 2020 or 2021. I then lost my spot but I got a call a few weeks ago from Sarah that someone had to drop and asked if I wanted it.  YES!!!  It was 3 1/2 days of great fun and I was able to tackle many of the kits I had stacked from various companies.  And, we completed a dozen shoebox cards and every one was so different.  

My card uses the Stampin' Up Sailing Home stamp set along with the coordinating Smooth Sailing die set.   I stamped the sailboat and sentiment in Night of Navy and the anchor in Sahara Sand.  I then die cut each of the images with the coordinating dies.  I used the Seaside Embossing Folder to emboss the Balmy Blue layer under the images. The background paper is from the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper Pack.  I added some linen thread to the anchor.



Here is the inside of my card, under the flap:



I really like this card as it is a fun masculine card.  I hope you too like it!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Sailing Home Stamp Set and Smooth Sailing Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy; Balmy Blue, Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy; Sahara Sand

Accessories: 
  Stampin' Up Linen Thread


2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Barb - quite masculine, but not exclusively so. A great sentiment!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your nautical card is so pretty!