Saturday, October 22, 2022

Gina K Haunts and Harvest

 


Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 22nd month, so we are in the toward to end year #2.  


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For October, the company we are using is Gina K Designs. We all love her stamp sets, so this is a duplicate company from our first year.  And, I do think we will keep it on the rotation for 2023 too!   Gina K Designs has awesome products--stamps, dies, inks, stencils, etc.  

I picked a fun fall set called Haunts and Harvest.  This is a sweet fall stamp set and it comes with coordinating dies.  I picked the cat stamp, along with the spiders and bats.  They are all inked in Hero Arts Intense Black a few times on my Misti--great coverage for solid stamps! The sentiments come from the same stamp set.   I used the same cardstock colors and the same Cast-a-Spell DSP for both cards.  I used Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to die cut the patterned paper layer.  And, the same set for the black layer.  Then, I used Master Layouts 1 to die cut the vellum piece behind the cat on the striped card.  And--I added the same black and orange twine on both cards!  







I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette's,  Darlene and Carol's blogs. I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Northwoods Rubber Stamp is the company that is up for our November challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Haunts and Harvest Stamp Set and Matching Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Cast-a-Spell Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Black/Orange Twine, Gold Sequins; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 1 and 2

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these Halloween cards are adorable! I am not sure I've seen this Gina K set before, but I'm liking what I'm seeing here. Such a fun Double Duty post!