Saturday, October 15, 2022

Gotcha Day--Hooray Oliver


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


This month, all of the kits were sent by Kelly!  The theme is "Gotcha Day".  A year ago, Kelly rescued a kitty cat and named him Oliver.  He was a sickly, little thing. He and the entire Santi family has come a long way and it has been a journey for all involved.  So--in honor of his finding a loving home and for all of the other rescued animals, we are all celebrating Gotcha Day!

Kelly sent us this sweet image from colorado Craft Company called Kindness First.  She also included the cute sentiments that I added to the front and inside of my card.  Kelly also sent some cute patterned paper from S.E.I Crafts and a whole bunch of fun ribbons and embellishments.  

I colored the sweet image with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut it with a Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Die.  I loved all of the patterned paper and wanted to showcase as much as I could, so I used three pieces.  I added the pink twine along with 3 pink rhinestones as the final touch.   This was fun card to make!  Thank you Kelly for the sweet image and allowing us to honor Oliver on his Gotcha Day!





Here is the inside of my card with the coordinating sentiment and a fun felt heart that Kelly sent.



I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted,    All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate and my partner Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!   

We are taking November and December off, so the next time you will see us is next year--2023!  Wow--seems so early to say that................ Be sure to check in with us in 2023 to see what Kelly and Jeanette have planned for us!


Image/Sentiment: Colorado Craft Company Kindness First

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Hammermill 120# White;  Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Blushing Bride; SEI Crafts Madeline Collection

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Die;  Copic Sketch Markers; Pink Rhinestones; Pink Twine; Pink Felt Heart

8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what fun! The image is so cute - I just assumed we all had the same kit, so was quite surprised when I got to your blog. I love the card you created. Definitely love the sentiment, too!

MiamiKel said...

Oh how sweet it is! I absolutely love your card designs and all the pink! Swoon! Thank you for your sweet card for this very special day and I hope you are having a blast at Stamp Camp rummage and the hiking!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love love love this Barb - how you used the papers and coloured the images - the little embellishments are fabulous too.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Barb your card is wonderful. I like the layout you chose the DSP you used and the inside of the card perfect. Great job.

Darlene LeTavec said...

Wow! What a fun image and I simply love the sentiment! You've done a great job with Kelly's kit. The inside panel is so nice!

Tracie said...

Such a sweet card Barb and I love how you did the inside. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Darling card- love your layout using all of the DP, and sweet sentiment too!

Lorraine said...

Good job Friend! I too like all of the pink!