Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Hot Mess Alcohol Ink


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 41, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness,  I again went back to one of my favorite and messy techniques--using Alcohol Inks!  I took a class last weekend at Stamp Joy that used alcohol inks and I had one panel left from our practicing a few techniques with the inks and a blower.  I made 2 cards with a similar design as we did in class.  I die cut the Pinkfresh Studio Curvey Leaves from the inky panel and also cut one set from white.  I inlaid the white leaves in the colorful background and placed the inky leaves on a silver panel I embossed with my Stampin' Up Painted Texture EF. I then used a set of die cut words that were stacked for the sentiment.  Some Pinkfresh Studio bling were the final touch.  





I really like the look of both of these cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked them too!  

Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry's, Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on September 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Momenta Words Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut 100# Cougar Opaque White, Galvanized Curious Metallic; Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay; Taylored Expressions Alcohol Ink Cardstock

Ink:  Alcohol Inks

Accessories:  Pinkfresh Studio Curvey Leaves  Dies, Jewel Rhinestones

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these cards are stunning! The alcohol ink looks fabulous. I need to try playing with alcohol inks; maybe you'll inspire me to do so.

Carol W said...

Love these cards Barb. I really like the alcohol ink technique and you do a wonderful job with it. I like how you used both of the elements of your alcohol ink pieces.

Anonymous said...

Just love this hot mess success card! Love your panel- gorgeous colors! Great die. Beautiful!