Friday, October 7, 2022

Merry & Bright



This is my October Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  We are on year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Sharon is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Proverbs 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

Challenge:  A color challenge to use silver and gold on your card, and bonus points if you use an apple. You can use other colors, too, not limited to gold and silver.

I tried to find a stamp set to get bonus points with an apple, but that failed.  So, I thought a Christmas Card using gold and silver would be fun.  I picked my Waffle Flower Oversize Merry stamp set and decided to do heat embossing with my metallic powders.  I stamped the words with Versamark and used gold embossing powder on Merry and silver on & bright.  I then die cut the word Merry with the coordinating die and layered it three times for dimension.  The background paper is Stampin' Up's Year of Cheer.   I used Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2 to cut the background and a silver layer.   I added some rhinestones in the middle of the large snowflakes for a bit of bling!





Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the silver cardstock.




I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too! 

Image/Sentiment:  Waffle Flower Oversize Merry Stamp and Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Brushed Gold, Brush Silver, Year of Cheer Designer Series Paper

Ink:   Versamark; Silver and Gold Embossing Powders

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Rhinestones; Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your CoF Silver/Gold card is so classy and beautiful! I love the oversized Merry. Lovely card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a dramatic card with that wonderful embossed greeting Barb - it's fabulous
Blessings
Maxine