Wednesday, December 7, 2022

For Unto Us a Child is Born


This is my December Crafters of Faith card.  This is a sweet group on SCS that Faye hosts.  We are on year #7. We will continue as we have in the past with each month a new hostess gives us a scripture and challenges us to make a card with that theme. 

Lisa is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Challenge:  Make a card based on this verse.

I picked a couple of Taylored Expressions die sets--Arched Nativity and Arched Stackets.  I die cut the Nativity from black cardstock and then used my Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder for a bit of texture.  Then then die cut two layers of arches from silver and gray cardstock to layer behind the black. I also added some foam tape between the black and the arches for some depth.   I added a blue alcohol inked panel behind the entire scene for the sky panel.  The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strips package.  No embellishments needed! 





I hope you and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post on the 7th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!   And we do plan to continue into 2023, so please check back.

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Christmas Sentiment Strips Package

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Black, Silver and Basic Gray; Yupo paper

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks

Accessories: Taylored Expressions Arched Nativity Cutting Plate, Arched Stacklets

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card looks fabulous! I love the nativity die you used. The arches really set it off. Very well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

An absolutely amazing card Barb - a beautiful nativity, and I love it in silhouette, and the AI sky is perfect behind it
Blessings
Maxine