Monday, December 12, 2022

Peace


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 43, so we are into year #4. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness,  I decided to do a wintery card.  I picked a Taylored Expressions Stencil--Winter Beauty and a tub of Nuvo Glacier Paste in Quicksilver.  I used my spatula to cover the stencil with the silvery glitter paste over a piece of navy cardstock.  I then used some Silver Mirricard from The Paper Cut for the carbase as well as the word Peace.  This die is from Gina K Designs and also comes with a backer that I did not use.  I die cut and stacked the word three times for dimension.  I added some Taylored Expressions Silver Drip Drops as the final touch.  




I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other crafters:  Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on January 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Winter Beauty Stencil; Gina K Designs Peace Die 

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Silver Mirricard; Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Ink:  Nuvo Glacier Paste-Quicksilver

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Silver Drip Drops

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I really like that large snowflake! You've really made a gorgeous card with it, too. I suspect it sparkles beautifully!

kiwimeskreations said...

Barb this is stunning - the silver paste and sparkly drops must make this a really fabulous card IRL.
Blessings
Maxine