Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Toasty Treats

 


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 72nd month of de-stash, so we are at the end of our 6th year of challenges. I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Lorraine posted our December challenge--Make a card or another project with a gingerbread man/woman image or DSP (or something sweet if you don't have one)

I knew I did not have a gingerbread stamp, so I looked through my bin of Christmas patterned paper to see if I had any that worked.  I found this sweety Peppermint Candy paper and knew that would work.  Now to find a stamp!  I  looked my my drawer of wood mounted winter stamps and knew I had this cute Impression Obsession stamp called Toasty Treats!  Both of these cute mugs look so sweet! I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and used a corner rounder on the image and the backer.  I then die cut a gold scallop border from a The Paper Cut Die and added a layer of Stampin' Up Real Red Ribbon over the top.  I like the shine of the gold with the candy cane background!

 



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSDEC.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For January, I am up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment: Impression Obsession Toasty Treats

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Mirricard Gold; Stampin' Up Real Red, Garden Green; Crate Paper Peppermint Collection-Candy Cane

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Corner Rounder; The Paper Cut Scallop Border Die; Stampin' Up Real Red Satin Ribbon

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so sweet. Lovely peppermint DP and what a fun image!

Tracie said...

Cute card Barb. I bet it is a gingerbread latte in that cup. LOL!

kiwimeskreations said...

A sweet card Barb - the paper makes and great background to that adorable image.
Blessings
Maxine