Monday, January 15, 2024

Frosty Flakes

  


Today is the 15th and this is my card this month for our The Creative Crew!  We are a group of 7 and all one team--Jeanette, Carol, Darlene, Lorraine, Terry, Tracie and me. Each month will be a new challenge posed by one of the members sending out a kit.  This month I am the hostess and sent out a kit with this sweet snowman image from Penny Black called Frosty Flakes.  I also included some fun winter patterned paper from Echo Park paper and the Winter Magic Line along with some snowflakes for bling!

I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and then die cut it with a Sizzix Dotted Square Die.  It is a very large image, so not much of the snowflake patterned paper was going to show, so I added two strips from the other two patterns for a bit of interest!    I added some of the Taylored Expressions clay snowflakes around the image. This was a very fun card to make!




I hope all of The Creative Crew Gals enjoy my cards this month.  Please be sure to stop in to see what fun crafty cards are posted this month.  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blog, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the snowy creations this month!   

We will be back in February with the image Jeanette will be sending out.   Be sure to check in with us on the 15th to see what fun we  have planned!


Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Frosty Flakes Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Gina K Designs Artist Choice White; Echo Park Paper-The Winter Magic Line--Winter Frost, Frozen Floral and Magic Snowflake Patterned Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intensified Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Clay Snowflakes; Sizzix Dotted Square Die

4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so sweet. I love the snowman image - and how sweet that he's looking at the little bird. Precious!

Darlene LeTavec said...

So, so cute!! I like the layout because I just love the papers you included for us and this layout uses them nicely. Thanks for picking such a great image for us!

Tracie said...

So cute Barb. What a fun image to work with. Great layout.

Carol W said...

What great card. What a fun kit thank you. I love your layout, coloring and the colors you used. Sweet card.