Friday, January 12, 2024

Happy New Year

 


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card. This card is number 56, so we are into year #5. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a very fun group and will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I went with a New Year's theme, so I picked a Scrapbook.com two-piece stencil called Starburst.  For the burst layer, I picked Brutus Monroe Glitter Glaze in Perfect Plum.  Then, the stars and circles were made with TCW Stencil Butter in Champagne Gold.  

The Happy New Year image is an older single stamp from Stampin' Up.  I used Versamark ink and Brutus Monroe Gilded Gold Embossing Powder on Gorgeous Grape cardstock.  I die cut the image and the Gold Metallic Gold Backer with a set of Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangle dies.  There is a lot of sparkle and shine on this  card--perfect for a Happy New Year Card!  

                    


I really like the look of my card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies like it too!  Here are the links to the other somewhat messy crafters:   Carol, Darlene, Jeanette and Terry.   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy this month and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to in February!  

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Happy New Year stamp

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grape; The Paper Cut Gold Metallic Cardstock, Cougar Opaque 100# White

Ink: Brutus Monroe Perfect Plum Glitter Glaze; TCW-The Crafter's Workshop Champagne Gold Stencil Butter 

Accessories:  Gina Marie Designs Stitched Rectangle Dies; Scrapbook.com Starburst 2-piece stencil set

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is a gorgeous card for a new year. The sparkle looks fabulous!

Darlene LeTavec said...

I don't like this card...I LOVE it!! Purple and gold are such a great combination. And using multiple "messy" mediums, way to go! Very, very pretty card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Barb - love the gold against the dark blue, and it must look amazing IRL with all the glimmer and sparkle
Blessings
Maxine