Monday, January 22, 2024

Love is Kind Double Duty

 






Here we are--this is the Double Duty Day!  This is the 37th month, so we are in our 4th year!  WOW--4 years of making two cards with the same stamp!



Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For January, the company we picked is Stampin' Up! They make such a variety of images and I think for all of us, this was introduction to stamping.  Many call it the Gateway to now...............................  I picked one of my favorite stamps from Stampin' Up called Love it Kind.  It is a long retired single wood mounted stamp and I just love it!  And, I just noticed as I was putting together this post, we picked Stampin' Up for January of 2022 and I used the same stamp!  I really must love it!




For the first card, I stamped the image on ivory cardstock and colored with my Copic Sketch Markers. I die cut the image and a black backer with a set of Sizzix Dotted Rectangles.   The background is from a 6x6 paper pack of colorful marbled colors that look like alcohol inks. I added two pieces of Stampin' Up Bushing Bride Frayed Grosgrain ribbon behind the image.  I added some Pinkfresh Studio Jewels in Ballet Slippers around the image.




For this card, I again colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers--yellow tulips this time!  I did cut the image and black backer with Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Ovals.  I layered the ovals on an embossed background in Smokey Slate that used the Spellbinders Argyle Socks folder. Taylored Expressions Black Rhinestones Bits & Pieces add bling around the image.




I hope you enjoyed my cards for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards. Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene’s  and  Carol's blogs.   I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  

Next month we are using Unity--should be some sweet cards.  So be sure to check out our cards on February 22nd!  


Image/Sentiment:   Stampin' Up Love is Kind stamp

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Smokey Slate, Crushed Curry; 6x6 Marbled paper pack

Ink: Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Spellbinders Argyle Socks Embossing Folder; Gina Marie Designs Cross Stitched Oval Die; Sizzix Dotted Rectangles Dies; Taylored Expressions Black Rhinestones Drip Drops; Pinkfresh Studio Ballet Slippers Jewels; Copic Sketch Markers; Stampin' Up Blushing Bride Frayed Grosgrain Ribbon

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are gorgeous! One of my favorite SU stamp sets. I'm glad you used it!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, I love this stamp and you have shown how versatile it is with these two cards. I especially like the second card, the black and grey really make that bright yellow pop! Nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

These are gorgeous pair of cards Barb, and I can understand why you love this stamp, and use it repeatedly!
Blessings
Maxine